What is Piczo?
Piczo is an online community that empowers teens worldwide to creatively express themselves in a safe environment. Since its launch, we have worked hard to accomplish this through a number of innovative tools and practices that set Piczo apart from other social networks.
- The Safer Social Network
- Piczo has put into action an industry leading holistic approach to Member Safety through a combination of Automated and Manual Content Moderation, reporting mechanisms for our members, and best-in-class services levels for reviewing flagged content and abuse reports. We have also implemented new Permissioning and Blocking features that allow our members to adjust who is able to access their site (be it their friends, the entire Piczo community, or the world) and also to block unwanted visitors.
- Piczo is not searchable, which means that in order to find a site you must know the exact URL for the site. This prevents potentially dangerous individuals from finding your children on Piczo. In addition, Piczo has implemented the Keibi Content Moderation Platform (www.keibiinc.com)
which allows us to monitor sites for images, text, and video that violates our Acceptable Use Policy. Once an image is marked as unacceptable, it is cataloged to prevent further violations. Keibi also allows us to track what members upload bad content, so we can stop repeat offenders and keep our community clean.
- Make Whatever
- Our drag-and-drop functionality means that you don't have to know web design to create a unique and engaging site. Video, graphics, text, polls, photos, music and more are right at your fingertips the moment you enter our Page Editor. As members hone their design skills and look to create more advanced sites, they'll find that adding HTML or any other code is as simple and intuitive as the rest of Piczo.
We encourage teens to explore, learn, and grow as they build their sites, because that's what these years of their lives are all about. To aid them in this growth, we've created a unique bank of content called the Piczo Zone. Here, members can search for things to put on their site's, such as pictures, icons, video, code, and more. The Piczo Zone is regularly monitored by our Member Services team to ensure that everything available is safe and kid-friendly.
- Teaching Proper Internet Etiquette
- As your children use Piczo to express themselves and interact with friends, they not only learn good Internet habits, but they develop important social skills that they will utilize in countless situations throughout their lives, such as:
- Respecting the opinions of others
- Courtesy towards peers
- Proper Time Management
- Maintaining responsibilities and obligations
- Healthy interpersonal relations
- Our unique combination of independence and supervision is designed to create an environment that is both engaging to teens and conducive to positive growth. It’s like a pair of training wheels your kids don’t even realize are there.